||Senior Admin/Finance Assistant (PSP)
||General Service 5
The Snr. Admin/Finance Assistant (PSP) will support the Associate PSP Officer (FR Support) in all processes, ensuring
that there is adequate oversight and control of the PSP investment, expenses and income recording.
The incumbent will work with PSP staff in in Italy, as well as with the Support Unit in PSP Brussels, Copenhagen and
Geneva. H/She will also have close working relationship with the finance services in UNHCR, and will liaise with the
Regional Office for Southern Europe (ROSE).
The incumbent will support the coordination of all PSP Italy Admin, Finance and Support tasks. Furthermore directly
supervise junior affiliate workforce staff in the Support team.
Accountability (key results that will be achieved):
- PSP Admin and finance related tasks are performed and implemented according to UNHCR rules, policies and PSP processes.
- Adequate control mechanism is in place for the PSP investment, expenditure and income.
- Admin and financial support is reliable and at the expected UNHCR and PSP standards.
- Technical procedures related to more than 70.000 monthly bank transactions coming mainly from regular donors
are timely and properly carried out.
- Travel and office maintenance tasks are duly performed.
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results):
- Assist the Associate PSP Officer (FR Support) with the preparation of the annual budget, budget analysis and financial planning.
- Assist the Associate PSP Officer (FR Support) with the preparation of the annual, quarterly, mid-year and monthly income and expenditure reports.
- Assist the Associate PSP Officer (FR Support) with ad-hoc reviews, internal controls, audits and quality reviews.
- Provide the Associate PSP Officer (FR Support) with a solid ABOD planning based on a precise estimate of office and travel costs
- Ensure accurate and timely income recording in MSRP and monthly reconciliation of the income bank accounts managed by PSP.
- Ensure accurate and timely expenditure recording in MSRP and monthly reconciliation of expenditure.
- Ensure best practices and procedures for financial and administrative management and office management are implemented and assist in organizing and providing training and advice when required.
- Coordinate and supervise all admin/finance related tasks for the AOR.
- Provide guidance and coaching to administrative staff performing admin, finance and programme related functions.
- Prepare MSRP Requisitions, Purchase Orders and payment Vouchers.
- Prepare monthly salaries' payments for PSP staff based in Italy.
- Coordinate the monthly earmarking process based on donations received.
- Ensure training, coaching and direct control on MSRP and travel related tasks.
- Ensure oversight on office maintenance and IT service.
- Ensure that all financial deadlines are met.
- Undertake appropriate actions in absence of supervisor in order to avoid delays in routine activities.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results):
- Enforce compliance with the UN/UNHCR rules and regulations.
- Prepare documents, reports and memos for the authorizing officer’s approval.
- Clear information and calculations related to travel administration and finance activities.
- Access the relevant information and financial records (MSRP data).
- Supervision of admin/finance AWF.
|Accountability and Authority
Managerial / Managing Resources
Cross-Functional / Analytical Thinking
Cross-Functional / Technological Awareness
Cross-Functional / Planning and Organizing
Expected contract starting date: May 2019
Initial contract duration: 1 year (Fixed-Term Appointment)
Candidates must have the right to work in Italy at the time of application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the assessment.
Shortlisted candidates will be assessed through a written test and an oral interview.
For application-related queries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Minimum Qualification and Professional Experience Required
- Completion of secondary education with post-secondary certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources or other related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience, preferably with UNHCR or another UN Agency.
- Excellent computer skills and practical experience in working with Excel and an ERP or similar accounting system.
- Fluency in English and Italian.
- Knowledge of UNHCR administrative and financial rules and procedures.
- Knowledge and working experience of MSRP Finance module.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN or local languages.
- Knowledge and working experience of MSRP/ERP.
- Finance skills.
- Experience in working with MSRP.
- Good knowledge of MS Office including Access.
|Download:Job description/terms of reference